When innocent people are injured in accidents caused by others’ negligence or recklessness, they have a right to pursue compensation for the harm they have suffered. At Zlotolow & Associates, our Manhattan personal injury lawyers have been successfully fighting for the rights of accident victims for more than 20 years. Clients trust our skilled team to handle every aspect of their personal injury claim so they can focus on healing.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injury due to a motor vehicle accident, slip-and-fall accident, medical malpractice, defective product, or another accident that was not your fault, don’t try to fight the insurance companies on your own. Insurance companies want to pay you as little as possible. We want you to have no lasting debt from the accident or your injuries.
Contact our Manhattan personal injury attorneys today to schedule a free consultation. We pursue personal injury claims on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless and until we obtain compensation for you.
How Our Manhattan Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Since 1992, our Manhattan personal injury attorneys have helped countless individuals and families recover the compensation they need after a serious accident. Our dedicated Manhattan personal injury law firm provides comprehensive legal services, including:
- A free initial consultation, with a frank discussion of your case, the legal options available to you, and what we can do to help
- Assuming responsibility for your insurance claim, including taking care of all necessary paperwork and communications with insurers and others
- Serving as your legal representatives and advocates, including assisting and advising you at all turns and answering all inquiries about your accident and injuries with your best interests in mind
- Remaining available to you at any time to answer questions and keep you up to date about the status of your claim
- Investigating your accident to identify all people, businesses, organizations, etc., that may be liable (legally responsible) to you because of their negligence, recklessness, or criminal intent
- Locating and analyzing insurance coverage held by all parties liable to you
- Analyzing records of your injuries, medical care, loss of work and income, and additional costs and losses to determine the full extent of the compensation you are due
- Filing insurance claims and pressing for full payment from insurers obligated to you
- Filing personal injury lawsuits against all party(s) responsible for your injuries if insurance claims are not promptly paid in full
- Negotiating aggressively with insurers for full and fair payment of claims and advising you of all settlement offers, though we will continue to suggest rejecting offers for less than what you deserve
In many cases, we are able to negotiate a full and proper settlement before a case goes to a judge and jury. However, we will never back down from a fight and will see your case through to a jury verdict if that is what’s necessary.
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you have suffered injuries in an accident that required hospital care, you face multiple expenses in addition to what may be a lengthy physical and emotional recovery. Under New York personal injury law, you may seek compensation for your injuries (including financial harm) from any person or entity whose negligence or intent has caused you harm. This requires an insurance claim in most cases.
If insurers dispute your claim or otherwise refuse to pay full compensation, which is inevitable in most high-cost cases, a personal injury lawsuit is necessary. A lawsuit spells out why the defendant should be compelled to pay you and what compensation you are due, and it asks the court to order payment.
Factors that will be considered in determining how much your personal injury claim is worth include:
- Medical costs, including past, present, and future expenses related to the accident, such as:
- Ambulance and/or emergency room treatment
- Medication (prescribed and over-the-counter)
- Rehabilitative counseling (physical, vocational, occupational)
- Psychological counseling
- Lost income due to missed work during your recovery or because of diminished earning capacity due to your injuries
- Property damage, such as the cost to repair or replace a car, motorcycle, or bicycle after an accident
- Pain and suffering after a “serious injury” as defined by New York personal injury law
- Funeral and burial expenses in cases of a fatal accident
In cases of accidents that have led to disability or long-term recovery, our Manhattan personal injury attorneys work with consultants who create life care plans. These reports are detailed projections of medical and personal care needs and costs over the anticipated lifespan of the victim. Similarly, we work with financial experts to calculate the full breadth of income loss due to an inability to return to work. This considers the injured individual’s training and experience, prior employment, prior income and fringe benefits, and unrealized income increases from anticipated raises, promotions, or other career advancement.
As we begin to work with you, we will discuss keeping a journal about your recovery, including progress and setbacks, to help demonstrate your pain and suffering.
Although it is not ethical, nor possible, to promise what your personal injury claim is worth, Zlotolow & Associates does promise to fight for the maximum amount of money available to you. After a successful claim, you should not have debt associated with your accident, and you should have compensation for the physical and emotional pain you have been put through.
Time Limits on Personal Injury Claims in New York
Personal injury cases can be complex and time-consuming. It is beneficial to meet with a personal injury lawyer in Manhattan as soon as possible after a serious accident.
The State of New York imposes statutes of limitations on personal injury cases, after which a claim may not be pursued. Additional factors may affect your case, but the statutes of limitations address:
- Personal injury — 3 years
- Property damage — 3 years
- Claims against a local government, public authority, or public benefit corporation — 1 year and 90 days
- Medical, dental, or podiatric malpractice — 2 years and 6 months
- Injury from rape or other sexual offense — 5 years
Remember, an initial legal consultation with our personal injury law firm in Manhattan is absolutely free of cost and further obligation. If we pursue a claim for you, we will not charge you a fee unless and until we obtain compensation or you.
Cases Our Manhattan Personal Injury Law Firm Handles
If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, our legal team will fight fiercely for the compensation you deserve. We pursue claims for:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Dangerous Medications
- Defective Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Wrongful Death
Schedule a free legal consultation with our team today, and let us begin our investigation of your accident and injuries.
Contact Our Manhattan Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Don’t let an insurance company short-change you after a serious accident. Let our experienced and aggressive attorneys fight for all the compensation you deserve. Call or fill out our online form to get started on your claim.