Personal Injury Lawyers in Queens, N.Y.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the Queens personal injury attorneys of Zlotolow & Associates can help you demand compensation for your injuries and financial losses. For more than 20 years, Scott Zlotolow and his legal team have provided knowledgeable and aggressive personal injury representation to New Yorkers injured in motor vehicle accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, medical malpractice cases, dangerous product malfunctions, and more.
We advocate on behalf of the injured to hold irresponsible individuals, companies, and insurance corporations accountable to those who have suffered unnecessary harm. Our personal injury attorneys are tough negotiators and aggressive trial lawyers. We won’t back down from a fight or settle for less than you deserve.
Contact our personal injury attorneys in Queens, New York, now to schedule a free consultation about how our skilled legal team can help you.
How a Queens Personal Injury Lawyer at Zlotolow & Associates Can Help You
The skilled injury attorneys at Zlotolow & Associates have more than 20 years of experience successfully pursuing claims for individuals and families in the New York metropolitan area. You can count on our dedicated legal team to:
- Meet with you for a frank discussion of your accident and injuries, and review all the legal options available to you
- Assume responsibility for all paperwork and communication required by insurance companies, creditors, and others connected to your accident and claim
- Investigate your accident and identify all parties that may be held liable (legally responsible), including people, businesses, organizations, government entities, etc.
- Locate and determine applicability of insurance coverage held by parties liable to you
- Analyze records of your injuries, medical care, and other losses to determine the full extent of the compensation you are due
- File insurance claims and aggressively negotiate for full payment
- File personal injury lawsuits against all party(s) responsible for your injuries if claims are not promptly paid
- Continue to strategically negotiate with insurers and advise you of all settlement offers, though we will suggest you reject any offers for less than what your case is worth
- Fight fiercely in court if that is what’s necessary to pursue the compensation you deserve
Our personal injury lawyers in Queens take a hard-nosed stand in negotiations with insurers. We will strongly advocate for you and your best interests. And as your case progresses, we will be available anytime to answer your questions and keep you up to date on the status of your claim.
Schedule a free consultation now to learn more.
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you have sought medical care or been hospitalized for injuries in an accident, you will face multiple expenses along with your need for physical and emotional recovery. New York personal injury law allows you to obtain compensation from any person or entity whose negligence or intent has caused you harm. To do so, you must initiate a claim. However, if your claim is for a significant amount of compensation, it will likely be disputed. Such cases require skilled personal injury lawyers.
To determine how much your claim is worth, our attorneys will evaluate the losses and damages you have suffered. This may include payment for:
- Medical expenses, including past, present, and future costs related to the accident
- Lost income due to missing work during your recovery or because you are unable to return to work
- Property damage, such as the cost of repairs after a car accident
- Pain and suffering after a “serious injury” as defined by New York personal injury law
- Funeral and burial expenses after a loved one’s fatal accident
In cases of disability or other long-term recovery, our team can work with consultants to create a life care plan, which projects future medical and personal care costs for those with catastrophic injuries. We also work with financial consultants to develop an accounting of income losses due to unrealized earnings related to your injuries.
If you have not already done so, you should create a file for all documents, particularly bills and receipts, related to the accident, medical care, lost work time, repairs, etc. Save everything. We will also discuss with you and/or family members the need to keep a journal about how your injury and recovery affects your daily life, both physically and emotionally. This will help to demonstrate your pain and suffering.
Your emotional recovery from an accident is as important as your physical recovery. Many people who have suffered catastrophic or disabling injuries seek psychological counseling to help cope with the drastic change in their lives. Family members who witness a terrible accident or have suffered loss from a loved one’s injuries or death may benefit from this medical care, too. The full costs of these services are included in a proper personal injury or wrongful death claim.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in New York?
You should contact our Queens personal injury attorneys as soon as possible about a potential personal injury or wrongful death claim. The State of New York’s statutes of limitations imposes strict deadlines after which lawsuits may not be pursued.
The investigations required to develop solid personal injury and wrongful claims are often complex and time-consuming. In addition, an insurance company that fears a large settlement can employ multiple obstruction and delay tactics in hopes of making the statutes of limitations work in their favor.
Additional factors may affect your claim, but general N.Y. statutes of limitations deadlines include:
- Claims against local government, public authority, or public benefit corporations — 1 year and 90 days
- Medical, dental, or podiatric malpractice — 2 years and 6 months
- Wrongful death — 2 years
- Personal injury — 3 years
- Property damage — 3 years
- Injury from rape or other sexual offense — 5 years
Zlotolow & Associates can begin work on your claim with an initial legal consultation that is absolutely free of cost or further obligation. Regardless of when your accident occurred, contact us today for free legal advice.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Queens residents are injured in accidents every day. But we all have a duty of safety to each other. When someone is injured because of another person’s carelessness or negligence, the victim deserves to be compensated for the financial costs of the injuries, as well as for the pain and suffering.
The Queens personal injury attorneys of Zlotolow & Associates have the resources and experience needed to put the pressure on insurers. We help clients in a variety of cases, including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents
- Premises Liability Claims
- Product Liability Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Medication Cases
- Defective Medical Device Claims
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Wrongful Death
It is a mistake to deal with insurers on your own after a serious accident. Insurance adjustors are legally obligated to their company and its bottom line, not to you. Their job is to pay you as little as possible, close your claim file, and move on.
Our objective as your personal injury attorneys will be to protect you from carrying a financial burden after your accident. Proceeds from a claim should cover all economic costs and losses related to your injuries, and New York personal injury law allows you to receive payment for your pain and suffering, as well.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers at Zlotolow & Associates Today
If someone has injured you or a loved one in an accident, contact our Queens personal injury law firm today for assistance with a claim. We are experienced and aggressive attorneys who will fight insurers for every bit of compensation you deserve. Call or fill out our online form to get started — with no cost and no risk to you.