If you get hurt on someone else’s property, you often have the right to sue for compensation. This is true even of temporary businesses, like a haunted house that rolls into your town for just a few weeks. If you do get injured in a haunted house, a New York slip and fall lawyer may be able to help you.

haunted house

Who Can Sue for Injuries From a Haunted House?

Anyone who gets injured on the premises may be able to sue the proprietors of a haunted house. This implies even if you signed a waiver or if you were an employee of said haunted house.

Some of our clients are confused by this. Doesn’t a waiver protect the haunted house from lawsuits? Not exactly. It can protect you from predictable injuries from a haunted house, but if you get injured in another way like by falling down an unsafe stairwell or getting hurt by moving ride cars, that is not necessarily something that the waiver can protect them from.

It is also important to note that most employees of businesses like this are temporary or considered independent contractors. They may not have the same protections as full-time employees, so suing for personal injuries may be a possibility.

What Should I Do After I Get Hurt in a Haunted House?

You want to protect yourself and begin building a case right away. You need to:

  • Take pictures of your injuries and the accident scene
  • Talk to any potential witnesses
  • Get medical care as soon as possible
  • Talk to a personal injury lawyer

You want to gather evidence and make sure that you get medical care right away. This can help you build a stronger case and make it harder for a defendant to question if you “really” got hurt.

What Should My Compensation Cover After I Get Hurt in a Haunted House?

Our attorneys can help you fight for a fair and reasonable compensation offer that covers all of the expenses associated with your accident. We can make sure that your awards help with:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of earning potential
  • Loss of enjoyment
  • Pain from disfigurement or disability
  • Mental anguish
  • Property damages

Do not settle for the first offer an insurer sends your way. We can help you fight for what you really deserve.

Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?

Hiring a lawyer is optional, but we highly recommend having an experienced legal professional on your side. Your attorney can talk to everyone involved in your case, ensuring that you do not make statements that could seem like an admission of fault. Our firm can also make sure that you do not miss any important court dates or deadlines. We are ready to help you fight to make things right.

Talk to an Attorney Today

If you are thinking about suing for compensation, contact Zlotolow & Associates. We can take a closer look at your case and tell you more about how we can help you pursue the compensation that you deserve.