Staten Island Personal Injury Lawyers
New York personal injury law provides protection to those who have been injured due to other people’s negligence, recklessness, or criminal intent. When wrongdoers and profit-minded insurance companies shrink from their legal obligations to the injured, the aggressive Staten Island personal injury lawyers at Zlotolow & Associates stand firm for our clients’ rights to restitution.
Scott Zlotolow and his dedicated legal team have been securing maximum compensation for accident victims throughout New York for more than 20 years. We take a tough stance with insurance companies during negotiations and litigation, and our team has recovered millions of dollars for innocent accident victims and their families over the years.
If you have been harmed due to someone else’s negligence, contact our Staten Island personal injury law firm today. Our attorneys will meet with you to review your case and legal options for free. If we can pursue a claim in your case, we will fight for you at no charge unless and until we recover money for you.
Call or complete our online form today to get started.
Don’t Trust the Insurance Company to Look Out for You
Personal injury cases are essentially insurance claims. When someone causes an accident that leaves another person injured, any payment to the victim typically comes from insurance, whether it’s auto liability insurance, business liability, medical malpractice insurance, homeowners’ insurance (which has a premises liability component), etc.
However, insurance claims are far from automatic. In addition to those who would deny responsibility for an accident, for-profit insurers often deny legitimate claims or challenge portions of claims to lower their costs. Once an insurance company rejects a claim, the next step is to file a personal injury lawsuit asking the courts to order payment.
If you have been injured in an accident, you may have already heard from an insurance adjuster. You may even have received a settlement offer. If so, you need to understand four facts:
- An insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible for claims.
- The adjuster assigned to your claim has company statistics and guidelines for what to offer you in a settlement. The specifics of your case are of little concern.
- An early settlement offer is invariably too low because it cannot account for all of your costs and losses.
- The insurance adjuster also has company statistics that say most people will accept the settlement offer, either because they don’t understand that it is too low, or they don’t know how to push back.
The Staten Island personal injury attorneys at Zlotolow & Associates know how to push back. We won’t let insurance companies bully our clients or ignore their duties. Schedule a free consultation with our team today to learn how we can help you.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney After an Accident?
You can be sure that the insurance companies will have teams of attorneys working for them. So you shouldn’t try to go it alone. You can trust the legal team at Zlotolow & Associates to:
- Investigate the circumstances of the accident and injury you have suffered, and identify all parties with legal responsibility (liability) to you, i.e., people, businesses, organizations, etc.
- Analyze records of your injuries and medical care, property damage, work loss, and other costs to calculate the full amount of compensation you are due for economic damages
- Help you create records of your injury and recovery to determine noneconomic damages you are due for pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Locate insurance coverage held by each party liable for your injuries, and determine applicability to your losses
- File insurance claims and press for full payment from every insurer obligated to you
- File personal injury lawsuits against all party(s) responsible for your injuries if insurance claims are not promptly paid
- Take a strong and persuasive case to court to fight for the compensation you deserve, if necessary
Our Staten Island personal injury law firm will conduct a comprehensive accounting of your economic and noneconomic losses to develop a personal injury claim that demands full and fair compensation. Full and fair compensation means payment for your past, present, and future costs and losses associated with your accident and injuries. In cases of disability or long-term recovery, we consult medical and financial professionals who project long-term costs and losses.
If you have been injured in an accident in Staten Island, contact Zlotolow & Associates today. We will review your case and any settlement offer you have received at no charge and with no further obligation from you.
Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim
If you have suffered injuries from an accident that required hospitalization for medical care, you face a potentially lengthy recovery as well steep expenses. The costs of a serious accident may include:
- Medical expenses, including ongoing costs if yours is a disabling injury
- Lost income from missing work or being unable to return to a previous job or occupation
- Property damage repair or replacement costs, such as in a motor vehicle accident
- Pain and suffering that affects your enjoyment of life
- Funeral and burial expenses in cases of wrongful death
Our primary objective as personal injury attorneys is to ensure that someone else’s negligence does not create a lasting financial burden for our clients. Proceeds from a successful personal injury claim should cover all bills and other economic losses related to your accident and injuries.
Our Practice Areas
Our Staten Island personal injury lawyers help accident victims pursue maximum compensation for their injuries and other losses in claims involving:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Dangerous Medications
- Defective Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Wrongful Death
Zlotolow & Associates provides all necessary legal services in personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency-fee basis. Pursuing a claim costs you nothing upfront. If we recover a negotiated settlement or a jury award for you, we will retain a previously agreed-to percentage of it for our fee and expenses.
Contact our law offices in Staten Island today to start with a free, no-obligation discussion of your accident and legal options.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in New York?
If you are dealing with an injury from an accident, now is the best time to contact Zlotolow & Associates about pursuing a personal injury claim. Developing a personal injury case is usually a complex and time-consuming process, and the State of New York imposes statutes of limitations on civil claims, after which they cannot be pursued.
New York statutes of limitations impose deadlines for:
- Personal injury — 3 years
- Property damage — 3 years
- Medical, dental, or podiatric malpractice — 2 years and 6 months
- Claims against a local government, public authority, or public benefit corporation — 1 year and 90 days
- Wrongful death claims — 2 years
- Injury from rape or other sexual offense — 5 years
Regardless of when you were injured, you don’t have to let your questions go unanswered. An initial legal consultation with Zlotolow & Associates is absolutely free of cost and further obligation.
Contact Our Staten Island Personal Injury Lawyers Now
Contact Zlotolow & Associates in Staten Island, N.Y. today for dedicated legal assistance with a personal injury claim. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources to fight deep-pocketed insurance companies. Call or fill out our online form now to get started on a claim for the compensation you deserve.